Mattress, Box Spring, and Pillowtop Pad
Care Instructions and Non-Prorated Limited Warranty
CARE INSTRUCTIONS: For optimum use and longevity, turn mattress head to foot one month, flip it over the next month. Only use handles minimally when positioning mattress on box spring. Do not carry the mattress with the handles. Use a mattress pad for sanitary protection of mattress and pillowtop pad. Even though Royal-Pedic utilizes the most resilient materials available, it is important to break in the new padding materials evenly across the width of the mattress with body weight to maintain a level sleeping surface. For example, a king size the mattress and/or pillowtop pad may break in unevenly as two people sleep on either side of the middle 4 – 8 inches of the mattress. The result may appear as a small hump in the middle. We recommend laying in the middle of the mattress some of the time, especially when the materials are new. On a full size, the tendency is to lie in the middle, so lay on each side as well. The materials will break in more evenly, resulting in a more consistently level sleeping surface.
WARRANTY: Royal-Pedic Mattress Manufacturing, LLC warranties its mattresses and box springs to the original consumer/ purchaser for a non pro-rated period of ten years from the date of purchase against material defects and workmanship. Pillowtop pads are warranted for a non pro-rated period of 3 years. All transportation charges and packaging are the responsibility of the consumer.
At Royal-Pedic’s option, the warranted item will be repaired or replaced. Royal-Pedic reserves the right to substitute material of equal quality. Repair or replacement does not extend the original period of limited warranty, nor does it constitute the beginning of a new limited warranty period.
For easy identification, do not remove the white law labels or the product name labels.
- Mattress(s) purchased without the appropriate matching new box spring, when said mattress is used on another box spring, or adjustable bed base that the customer may already have.
- Firmness preference of the mattress.
- Normal body impressions of up to 2” in the padding material.
- Handles or grommets pulling out. Handles are meant to minimally assist in positioning the mattress on the box spring.
- Mattresses and/or box springs that are sold “as-is” or “floor models” older than one year from original ship date.
Warranty will be voided for obvious abuse, support, or improper care/maintenance:
- Improper center support. Queen or king size mattresses and box springs must be supported by a sturdy center rail that will prevent the mattress from caving in.
- Warranty is valid on a platform bed unless improper platform bed support. When mattresses are placed on platform beds without box springs the warranty will be voided if the platform bows in the middle due to inadequate center support causing the mattress to form a “ V ”; or if the platform surface is not level such as a higher center or higher edges causing an uneven sleeping surface, if the platform is a slatted surface with gaps between the slats that are greater than 2 1/2”, if the slat supports are so flexible as to cause the mattress to have a “caved in” feel which can result in “hammock like” support causing the mattress to wear improperly.
- Inadequate turning of the mattress. According to the mattress industry, for optimum comfort and mattress life span the mattress should be rotated either head to foot, or turned over once a month.
- Broken box spring bases or bent mattress innerspring border wires, folding the innerspring mattress in half, or even significantly bending it can damage the mattress beyond repair. Movers are notorious for bending mattresses in half. Remind movers to be very careful not to bend your mattress more than just a little.
- Burns, soils, stains, mold, infestations. We cannot repair a mattress if it is returned in unsanitary condition.
- Excessive body weight.
Royal-Pedic will not be liable for consequential or incidental damages resulting from the use of any of its products. The term of duration of this limited warranty shall not be exceeded by any applicable implied warranties. Your rights under state law may vary: Some states do not allow the limitation or exclusion of consequential or incidental damages, and/or the duration of implied warranties. You may have additional rights depending upon your state. No implied or expressed warranties (including implied warranties or merchantability and fitness) are extended to any person who purchases any of these products from any source other than Royal-Pedic Mattress Manufacturing, LLC or its authorized dealers/designers.